background

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 ~ A Year To Be Thankful For


God didn't promise days without pain, 
Laughter without sorrow, 
Nor sun without rain.
But He did promise strength for the day, 
Comfort for the tears and light for the way.


I am thankful for my father allowing me the privilege of living with and taking care of him for the final year of his life. 

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who understood, supported, and stood beside me.

I am thankful for my son, daughter-in-law, and daughter for always making me smile.

I am thankful for my grandson, who gives hugs and kisses ~ even if he refuses to say Grandma!

I am thankful for my sisters and brothers; for the laughter, the tears, the phone calls, the hugs and the smiles that helped through out the year.

I am thankful for my "Coffee Buddy", for always willing to get together on a moments notice; for always being there.

I am thankful for my friend who offered me a job; even when I couldn't commit to a regular schedule.

I am thankful for nurses and doctors who became friends along the way.

Most of all I am thankful for God giving me:

Strength for the pain, 
Laughter with the sorrow,
Comfort with the tears,
and Light at the end of the day!

I have had a very blessed year and am thankful for everyone who shared it with me. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for all of you.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

May 2011 bring you peace for your soul and love for your heart.



Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
                                                         - Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments:

Post a Comment